Sales calls are one of the most important aspects of any salesperson’s job. It’s an opportunity to pitch your product or service, build relationships with clients, and close deals. However, not all sales calls are created equal. Different types of sales calls require different approaches and techniques.
The customer’s journey plays a crucial role in deciding the type and timing of sales calls. Mapping your sales calls to the buyer’s journey with CRM sales automation software can increase your chances of closing the deal.
In this blog, we will show you how you can map your sales calls to your customer’s journey using CRM sales automation software for maximum effect.
Customer Journey Stages and Types of Calls
1. Awareness Stage
In this stage, the customer becomes aware of the problem they are facing. Customers may or may not reach this stage on their own. Your first call should be focused on building a relationship with the customer, educating them about the problem they are facing, and introducing your product or service as a possible solution. Cold calling is the most commonly used marketing strategy employed by businesses.
- The Cold Call : The cold call is probably the most dreaded type of sales call for many salespeople. This is when you call a prospect who has never heard of your company or product. The key to a successful cold call is to have a compelling opening that grabs the prospect’s attention and piques their interest. You need to quickly establish a rapport and build trust with the prospect, or they’ll hang up on you. Keep the call short, and focus on the benefits of your product or service. End the call by setting up a follow-up meeting or call. Leads generated through cold calling should be fed into your CRM sales pipeline management software to guide them further in the customer journey.
- The Warm Call : Another type of call that should be initiated in the awareness stage is the warm call. The warm call is a sales call to a prospect who has already expressed interest in your product or service. Maybe they filled out a form on your website or attended a webinar. The best sales automation CRM fetches these leads automatically with all the relevant potential customer data for effective customer targeting. The key to a successful warm call is to personalize your approach based on what you already know about the prospect. Use the information you have to build rapport and establish trust quickly. Focus on how your product or service can solve their specific pain points.
- The Discovery Call : The discovery call is a type of sales call where you ask questions to learn more about the prospect’s needs and pain points. This is not the time to pitch your product or service. Instead, focus on understanding the prospect’s goals and challenges. Use open-ended questions to encourage the prospect to share more information. Take notes and listen carefully to what the prospect is saying. The information you gather in a discovery call will help you tailor your pitch and position your product or service as a solution to their specific needs.
2. Consideration Stage
As the customer moves ahead in the CRM sales automation software to the consideration stage. They are aware of the problem and are considering different solutions. Your sales call should be focused on providing the customer with more information about your product or service and how it can solve their problem. You should also address any concerns or objections the customer may have. The common calls that should be made are:
- The Follow-Up Call : The follow-up call is a critical step in the sales process. After a meeting or a warm call, you need to follow up to keep the conversation going. The key to a successful follow-up call is to be persistent but not pushy. Don’t be afraid to reach out several times, but always provide value and information that the prospect will find useful.
- The Demo Call : The demo call is a type of sales call where you demonstrate your product or service to the prospect. This is your chance to show the prospect how your product or service works and how it can solve their specific pain points. The key to a successful demo call is to be prepared and to know your product inside and out. Customize your demo to the prospect’s needs and be prepared to answer any questions they may have.
3. Decision Stage
In this stage, the customer is ready to make a decision. Your sales call should be focused on closing the deal by highlighting the unique features of your product or service, providing testimonials from satisfied customers, and offering any discounts or promotions.
- The Closing Call : The closing call is the final step in the sales process. This is where you ask the prospect to make a decision and close the deal. The key to a successful closing call is to be confident, but not pushy. Fortify this cal with a customized quotation with your sales automation CRM. Remind the prospect of the benefits of your product or service and how it can solve their specific pain points. Address any objections they may have and be prepared to negotiate if necessary.
- The Upsell Call : The upsell call is a type of sales call where you try to sell the prospect a higher-priced or additional product or service. Use the customer data from your sales CRM for small businesses to gain more insights about the customer and see if you can further extend your services. The key to a successful upsell call is to focus on the value of the additional product or service and how it can help the prospect achieve their goals. Be prepared to provide examples and case studies that demonstrate the value of the upsell.
Mapping Sales Calls with CRM Sales Automation Software
To effectively map your sales calls to the customer’s journey, you need to use CRM sales management software. Here are some tips to get started:
- Segment your customers : Use sales automation CRM to segment your customers based on their stage in the customer journey. This will help you personalize your sales calls and increase the chances of conversion.
- Set up triggers : Use CRM sales pipeline management software like Abaca Digital AIM to set up triggers that alert you when a customer moves from one stage to another in the customer journey. This will ensure that you are contacting the customer at the right time.
- Use automation : A reliable sales CRM for small businesses lets you automate your sales call data fetching. This will save you time and ensure that you don’t miss any important follow-ups.
- Track your progress : Use CRM sales automation software to track the progress of your sales calls. This will help you identify what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments to your strategy accordingly.
In conclusion, mapping your sales calls to your customer’s journey is crucial for success in sales. Understanding the different types of sales calls and how to approach them is critical for any salesperson’s success. Boost your sales game with our reliable sales CRM for small businesses, Abaca Digital AIM, powered by Abaca Systems. At Abaca Systems, we specialize in creating custom software solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team understands that every client has unique needs, which is why we provide tailored services to meet those needs.
By following the tips outlined above, you can increase your chances of closing the deal and growing your business. Contact us for a free demo or sign up today for a 14-day free trial and see how Abaca AIM can help streamline your sales processes.